I will be using this blog to schedule group runs, seminars, and workouts for all my athletes and other people interested in doing the ultra. I will also be using this blog to document my training for the 2010 Vermont 100 Mile Ultramarathon. For official articles, please visit my other blog at http://coachjoegold.blogspot.com.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

June 14, Late Night Summer Swimming...

...at the YMCA can be a bit crowded.

PM Workout: 2000 Meters of Swimming

1x500 WU,
4x200 fly, back, breast, free kicks with swims, untimed
2x200 kickboard with fins, untimed
6x50 freestyle drills with paddles, untimed
------
2000 meters total

Nothing hard here, but was a nice time to loosen up the legs a little. I still wish to do a couple of small triathlons after my 100 mile run next month, so I might as well swim a bit to keep some sort of competitive level of swimming.

One thing that summer attracts to the pool is the fair weather crowd. There were a couple of rowdy teens at the pool today throwing a ball around. I told myself that if I got hit with the ball, I would probably have had one of those yoyos in a headlock within 5 seconds. Luckily nothing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment